Friday, September 29th is National Coffee Day and if you ask me, no beverage deserves more praise! I even wrote a haiku in honor of my favorite drink:
Coffee smells so good
Coffee helps me face the day
I love you, coffee
I didn’t drink coffee at all before I had kids. Early 20s Sarah was the woman that would go to Starbucks and order a Strawberries & Creme Frappuccino! I didn’t even want to try coffee, because I figured I could get enough caffeine from a can of pop! I now scoff at younger, naive, full night sleep consistently Sarah.
Mom of 4 Sarah (who hasn’t had a full night sleep since somewhere in early 2009) loves coffee. I have several coffee themed shirts, I’m wearing one as I type! I started today with two cups o’ joe! I’m pretty sure my youngest thinks his name is “just let mommy get her coffee first”.
It’s more than the caffeine, there’s just something about that warm cup in my hand that makes it feel like the day has finally started. I mean, I totally need the caffeine too, but I like other stuff about coffee, too!
So, on September 29th, all of us coffee lovers will unite and toast this amazing drink that gives us Mom Fuel to face the day.
There are several coffee shops and breakfast stops that are doing promotions in celebration of National Coffee Day, too!
- Krispy Kreme locations in Omaha are giving a free small coffee and a free glazed donut!
- Chick-fil-a in Papillion is offering a free small coffee with breakfast.
- Scooter’s Coffee will have a coupon on the Scooter’s Coffee mobile app; buy any food item and receive a free small brewed coffee. They will also be doing hourly giveaways on their social media accounts and they’re going to have a snapchat filter around a radius of all of their locations!
- At Aromas Coffeehouse, each customer will receive a free espresso shortbread cookie with every drink purchase (while supplies last). They’re also offering a gift card special with an extra $5 card for every $20 in gift cards purchased!
- Omaha’s original coffeehouse, Crane coffee, is giving out an extra shot of espresso with the purchase of an espresso-based drink. And that week is also the celebration of their 26th Anniversary, so they will have specials throughout the week!